Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Power of Thanksgiving

Bless the Lord, O my soul. . . he is gracious . . . slow to anger.
He has not dealt with me according to my sins, nor punished me
according to my iniquities.    (from Psalm 103--NKJ)


In my faith journey, I am learning the power of thanksgiving; especially during the holidays, 

But not just during the holiday season.  Gratitude takes the sting out of sad, dark, and anxious times, no matter the time of year these times arrive, especially when they make an extended visit.  

Psalm 103 is a family favorite.  I never tire of reading it.  It reminds me to be thankful in all circumstances, because God is gracious and slow to get to mad . . . and, not because I'm deserving.

He is good because he is good. It's all about his goodness.  How grateful I am to know a God like this. 

Thanks be to God!    

No comments:

Post a Comment